Relationship Lesson 1: Friendship

Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Can friendship be forever?

I have always asked myself.

Looking back at my life, i have friends coming in and going out.

In each of my life stages, there will be different friends being my best of pals.

Yet, as time goes, we either begin to lost contact or just simply disappearing from each others life.

It always amazed me how guys can actually maintained their friendship with their guy friends for years, while females always tend to face this problem of having different "best friend" at each different period.

I came to realise something - guys will bring their gfs out to mix around with their guy friends, girls will forget they have friends when they are in love.

Girls will always glue themselves to their bf, mix around with their bf's friends while spending lesser and lesser time with their gfs.

This is the vulnerability of friendship within the female society.

No doubt, I'm one of those. I'm not denying that i have also made this mistake.

I guess this is something that can never be change or its hard to be changed.

I'm sorry to those that i have once been a best friend of yours but disappeared when i become attached.

I have come to realise how important it is to maintain a healthy pool of friends and not to be too close with your bf's friend after my 2 years r/s.

Its unhealthy for a couple to be too gluey after seeing what happen to my cousin and myself.

It was one of the cause of me losing myself as i become too attached to him.

When a couple becomes too "couple", more than often, quarrels will begin to arise.

When a couple becomes too "couple", things start to become routine at a faster rate.

When a couple becomes too "couple", they begin to lose their friends.

I always believe that a couple will last longer if they have friends to go out with.

Simply becoz there's limited stuffs that a couple can do. Yes, the inital stage you need quality time alone. But how long can you stay alone?

Humans being humans, we need something new to keep the interest going.

When things become routine, when things become stagnant, when things become boring, how do you spice things up? Thats when friends come into play.

Just like a marriage, when you are married, and things become routine, they will start to plan for a baby.

Just like a job, when your job becomes too routine, you get bored and tired of it, you would start planning to look for a new job.

I dunno if anyone has realise this point, if you dun, i hope it do helps a little.

Friendship is important, for it normally last longer than relationship. (i'm not talking about marriage here)

Dun ever let your friends feel that they are taken for granted.

Dun ever let your friends feel that when you have a bf/gf, you are gone forever.

Becoz, once you do.. it simply proofs that your friendship with them is so vulnerable. They too might not see a need to be there for you since you forsake them in the first place.

I'm not kidding as this was what happen to my cousin.

Always maintain a healthy connection with your friends and always allow your other half to connect with their friends..

Sometimes, it might be too late for you to start doing something to your "used to be great pals" as they might have feel the hurt.

So, start building your friendship around with your other friends before it is too late.

Just my 2 cents worth. =)
posted by icy at 7/24/2007 03:57:00 AM

Femme Fatale

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from The Insignificant One. Make your own badge here.

    Carol
    10 November 1983
    Working as a Financial Adviser/ Consultant/ Planner with Prudential Since 2007.

Yearned

  • What Doesnt Kill You Makes U Stronger. Time Heals All Wounds and Out of Sight Out of Mind is what i believe in and live by everyday.

Colloquy




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting